Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Changes are sure ; so go well with that



In my first unit after commissioned in to Indian Army



After the passing out parade in Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai, I went home for three weeks leave before joining the new unit. Even though I was commissioned in a technical corps,I had to go for an attachment with infantry,the direct fighting troops in the field.So it became the first unit with which I served in Army.It was a Battalion ; of mixed troops having one company each Dogras, Garhwali ,Madrasies(South Indians) and Assamies(North East) ;The Daring Dozen. I had to join the unit after the leave at a place in Rajasthan. I took Train from Trichur to Ahmedabad and to the destination.Even after two days tiredness in train travel ,I had n't left my grit to land in the new unit with full energy. Read on......


No comments: