Friday, January 29, 2010

Respect to be earned, not the one to be demanded

-->

With Jawans I felt at home. They took lot of care on me. The first day itself they took me to show the entire unit. Also to the tailor shop stitching more uniform dresses, and to cobbler to fit my boots. 

Next day morning I attended the parade ground for PT.The day I spend with jawans in their routine duties. Night I had to visit all sentry posts and other key security location like “koth” (weapon store).I understood the way we have to check the guards in night duty. How we have to react while they challenge us before entering the restricted areas at night, where the area will have very low visibility. 

I had to do all the duties from gardener, lounger commander, section commander, CHM,CHQM.I used to take roll call,go to the lunger ,eat with jawans, monitor liquor issue, attend weapon cleaning session.I used to interact lot with Jawans. I tried to reach deep in to their mind, to understand their personal problems and their way of looking in to army life. This made me to have clear understanding about the men, I have to command. 

Once in a week we will have mandir parade. We pray with evenness whether it is mandir, gurudwara, church or mosque. Each unit will have one or more such places under their administration. The days with men, the kind of experience, enriched me and was a stepping stone for an insightful commanding of troops.

One most important principle, I had adopted in my life, I followed here also.” Respect ALL “.When ever I go to even to my junior’s office of any appointment, I salute them first before entering their office; even I am senior to him in rank. I respected his position, his role, his duty, his appointment. More than anything I respected him as a good human being .
Respect will come to you, if you respect others.Respect is not the one you do only to someone higher to you in some way, and it’s a way of life to keep relationships in high spirit. It has to flow in all directions. So we also can expect and get it. But for sure it’s not the thing that you demand and get only when you have power and authority. It should come naturally.Read more............

No comments: